Hello.

It is all about being written, but may you find something to interest you, anyway.
Peace and cookies be with you, earthling.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

//Break

I sit with my best friend every day, by the cafeteria window. She always manages to get there before me, God knows how. Probably, she skips fourth period. But everyday, she’s there, sulking. Until I come.

I pretend to open up a textbook to something I’m supposed to study, but really, I just want to talk to her. And mostly, that’s what I end up doing. She tells me everything.

It was a Thursday when I found our usual table unusually empty. I thought, She’s late. That’s a first. And I made my way to it, smugly.

 I opened up a book—Physics that time—to page 79, pushed my tray of food to the side. As I waited, I let my eyes drift around the crowded lunch hall, to each and every corner of loose, rowdy students.

That’s when I spotted her. She was sitting at another table, with someone else. Someone I didn’t know. They were alone, away from the chaos of lunch hour.

She was smiling the entire time. I threw my lunch away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah.. I though it was real. That hurts! Haha.

Hmeg said...

Haha. It's a random piece of work. I just realized puro male points of view pala ang ginagamit ko. Pero pwede rin pala ditong female, haha.

Thank you for the comment!

Anonymous said...

That is *thought(my first comment). :D

Ah.. Wow! I'm thinking of twilight when I read this. Haha.

You're welcome! :)

Hmeg said...

Really? Hahahah. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one...

Anonymous said...

A good thing. Haha.