Congratulations to me! I stuck, as you might believe or not, to my vow of non-blogging for three days. Okay. So it's not exactly a big deal. Hardly abstinence since I haven't had the time anyway. Blame school, or better yet, my lack of industrious devotion to it.
Moving on. You know how girls get right after they come out of a relationship? (Insert 'not that I would know' portion here.) Weepy, crushed, unwilling to go on. Well. Apply all that to me and my relationship with...Math. Or at least, that was how I thought I would be when I peeked at the score on my bluebook last Wednesday. You'd think I'd be all torn-up about failing, especially since I almost never fail major subjects, even in high school. I was, for a while. I think I was driving my blocmates crazy when we were at lunch that day. And then...poof. The self-directed disappointed evaporated into thin air. I failed a midterm. Big whup--I'm choosing to believe my positive-natured friends when they can say I can still pass the course...
...Thereby, getting a step closer to the reward I'm giving myself if I do.
Today, I went to ATC with my parents (and bumped into my blocmates, Mikee Q. and Mich N...but not the point, ha ha). The distinction between rich and poor (me, being poor here, err, JK) became very clear to me when I found a pair of shorts that cost P4, 800. Imagine that. For a pair of freaking denim shorts that don't probably even amount to three meters. To whoever can afford this pair of shorts, I raise both my eyebrows at you for being extremely immune to economic failure, which I thought, affected everyone but Manny Pacquiao.
I also bought Maximum Drive (James Patterson), Tw7sted (Jessica Zafra--I gave up trying to read all her blog entries, they seem to never end; I'll collect all Twisted books instead), and Slam (Nick Hornby). I know I complained about being poor, but at the rate I'm going, I will be--the lion share of my savings go to books. Should they be labeled guilty pleasures? Reading's a good thing, yes?
A friend of mine (and co-blogger, and a great one at that) recently mentioned in one of his posts that he recalls the days of his Multiply blogs. This got me to actually open mine. Defunct, obviously. It's like opening a portal in the space-time continuum, feeling the exact feeling I had when I wrote the posts (or trying to remember anyway). I am finding it amusing. Look what I found. To think these were written not even a year ago:
This was the preface to my has-been Multiply blog.
I was sent to the wrong class. Administration fail. Haha.
One of my favorite posts...just because of all the comments it got.
"It's not about being read, it's about being written."
Anyhow, reading my past posts was fun. I hope you don't mind the vanity of my re-posting some of them here. Will do it again some time soon.

3 comments:
Multiply nostalgia. Lol. My brain cells couldn't really absorb the fact that multiply popularity went down in a woop, thanks to Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook.
Anyways, I actually like blogger better now because I could freely say anything. In multiply, I held back a bit because I know that many people could read it. But above all, yeah, I miss the comments though I'm pretty with our little exclusive circle here.
And I agree with the overpriced clothes. Man, sometimes stores like Guess, Topman and Solo degrade me. They make me feel like a sore loser. I just don't want to buy a Topman tshirt which costs as much as three normal shirts from another shop.
I get how you feel. But sometimes I really do miss the comments telling me I'm doing a good job. Haha. It's either vanity or lack of self-esteem.
:))
And yesh, I appreciate our blogging circle over here, like right nao! Thank you for commenting Aldrin. :D
It shouldn't degrade you. You're being reasonable by not patronizing overpriced anything. IMAO. :)
Post a Comment