Hello.

It is all about being written, but may you find something to interest you, anyway.
Peace and cookies be with you, earthling.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Endless Metaphors.

It's kind of amusing what the most random of things can make you realize.

I was watching Edward Scissorhands the other day, and it made ma recall a conversation I had with my mom about the movie. We were right at the part when the formerly loving citizens of suburbia abandoned their cheesy Sunday-barbecue demeanors to turn into components of an angry mob, complete with lit-up torches. (Were there actually torches, or am I just imagining them?) This was after Edward had suffered a litany of stupid propaganda from err, Desperate Housewives and the like.

Anyway, so my mother keeps her eyes on the screen and says, "Yan ang perfect example kung paano mag-corrupt ang society."

And I just stare there, my eyes sort of widened in a pathetic manner.

It's amusing.

Because years ago, I saw this movie. And I probably thought, "Wow, what a pale guy. And look, he's got scissors for fingers!"

And now, the movie is a metaphor for how society corrupts what is innocent.

Now that I'm no longer that kid with Cartoon Network for a brain (apparently), it seems like Everything is a Metaphor for Everything. Anything can mean anything; anything can mean something more than what it does on the surface.

Look. Even this blog post is a metaphor--for growing up.

And yes, I do feel old.

No comments: