Hello.

It is all about being written, but may you find something to interest you, anyway.
Peace and cookies be with you, earthling.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

//Night. Dawn. Morning.

She had no idea what happened last night.

She had no idea why he came home like that---drenched in sweat, and pools of what looked like blood. Shaking. Anguished.

He came home torn. A different man.



1. Night

Her bags were packed---filled to each brim with her clothes, and everything else. She didn't leave him a single thing; it was better if he didn't think of her.

It was almost nine o' clock when she began to wonder what she was doing---finishing up shouldn't be taking this long.  Her mind drifted to the answer she dreaded: she was stalling. Waiting for him to come back. Maybe because she needed a goodbye. Maybe because that was, at the very least, the one thing he owed her.

But after the next twenty minutes of internal debate she had, about whether to wait or leave now, she decided enough time had gone by to convince her that she should be on her way. Maybe he wasn't even returning tonight. She could still phone a cab service, and she'd be at her mother's place in a couple of hours.

But that was when she heard someone make a frantic entrance into the apartment. Michael? She rushed to the doorway, making out heavy breathing, but she didn't make it in time. Michael was collapsed onto the floor, his back against the cool concrete of the wall, his legs splayed out in front of him. He hung his head, blankness present on his face.

At first, he didn't even see her coming to his side. But when she struggled to pull him into her, to steady him in her arms, he couldn't keep himself from breaking down. He let the sobs come as she kept pulling---him trembling at her touch. She saw a gash of blood near his neck.  "Hey," She said, comforting. "Look at me. It's okay. Michael. Come on."

Michael said nothing as he buried himself into her hair, his sobs persisting. "Ssshh," She whispered, and he was still shaking. She held him closer until there was no emptiness between their bodies. He met her halfway, allowing his hold on her to be as tight as though he were locked on to safety. As though he were locked on to life.

She sat with him there---not wanting an explanation---the two of them holding each other wordlessly, Michael's slowing breaths resounding in the room. She let the heat between them comfort him, and convince her she was right where she needed to be.

She planted her lips by his ear, reassuring him with whispers, until his uneasy breathing stopped altogether, and he drifted off to sleep.



2. Dawn

Michael woke up to a pillow that wasn't there the night before, oblivious to the pain he was supposed to feel from curling up on the floor. Beside him were fresh clothes.

"Andi." He called, recollecting. "Andi?"

She was in the tiny living room with her luggage, beginning to feel nervous about what she was about to confront---and whether he still wanted her to confront it, whatever it was. "I'm in here."

Seconds later, he appeared in front of her. She was astonished at the difference in this man from the one she was comforting last night. Suddenly, he seemed like her Michael again, before the previous nights, before their constant fighting---he was even smiling. "Good morning." She said, quietly.

"I slept---my head. It was in your lap last night, before the pillow." He stammered, grabbing his neck. "I remember."

She nodded. "I couldn't carry you to bed. You okay?"

"I am," He leaned against a bookshelf, and it seemed true. The smile continued to play on his lips, until his eyes landed on her luggage. "You're leaving?" He asked, only it didn't really sound like a question.

Shifting in her seat, she tried to avoid his eyes. "Do you want me to?"

"Does it matter?"

She met his face then, his expression changed. She was unable to tell whether it was arrogance or grief---but given their circumstance, it was probably the latter. Still, she had an inexplicable pull toward the truth, so she told him what she felt. "If it didn't, I wouldn't have waited for you last night. And I wouldn't have stayed while you were..." She trailed off.

He approached her, carefully, until he was close enough that she had to catch her breath. "While I was needing you to be there," He told her, touching his forehead to hers. "If you weren't there...I just. Thank you." He reached up to kiss the top of her forehead, breathing in the familiar scent. "And no, I don't want you to go. Not really."

Andi was enjoying the proximity more than she probably should have, given the fact that they had recently decided to end things. But she couldn't deny that she was getting more and more sure---that decision had been the wrong one. She felt she needed to tell him more, finish off what she started last night. "I can't go." She wrapped her arms around his neck. "I tried."

"Then stay," He whispered, kissing her forehead, then down her nose, and finally her lips.

The kiss sent jolts of excitement through her body, and ultimately changed her mind about doubting him, or that they might have something again, if she took a leap. This is a pretty big leap. Her hands smoothed down his back. Her fingers curled under his shirt---beginning to remove what was put on only minutes ago.

They didn't hold back.

She was panting in between his kisses, anticipating. They were both in a rush to undress, to consummate a reignited passion that probably didn't end in the first place. There was no more hesitance in her; no more unclarity in him. 

As his body aligned perfectly against hers, his weight falling onto her, they were sure. It couldn't be stopped. It was, as they had both feared and yearned for, love.



3. Morning

"My turn to say good morning."

Michael kissed her on the forehead when he noticed that she was waking up. "I can't believe I fell asleep," Andi said, sitting upright in bed. 

He laughed. "At least I could carry you to bed."

She smiled, but grew serious again, amid the evidence of their reunion. "Michael," She began. "I don't really know what to say. What does this mean?"

He turned so that he could hold her face between his hands, so that it was level to his. "It just means, Amanda," His expression transitioned from casual to sincere. "That I love you, so much more than anything in this world, that you are what I come home to, no matter what happens, and that I would want you to stay forever, if that were possible." There was a glint of sadness in his eyes, so sudden and brief that she wondered if it had actually been there. 

It was unreal, where they were again, what they had just done. For days, she'd been hopeless, let-down by the man she loved, certain that their relationship had failed. It was as if they were starting from scratch again. It was unreal. And she was grateful.


She turned red at his declaration, unsuspecting. "I'm sorry, okay?" He continued. "All the shit between us the past few months, it's my fault. I never wanted to hurt you. I still don't want to hurt you." He kissed her again, lightly. She grew a bit uneasy from his last sentence, but dismissed the notion when he spoke again. "I love you." He repeated.

She caressed his neck. "I love you, too. Let's just stop hurting each other, okay?" Before he could answer, she pulled away. "Where did your wound go?"

Michael eased back, fingering the fresh, flawless skin that took the place of last night's bloody cut. "Must have just gotten some blood on there." His eyes were downcast.

"Are you...ever going to tell me about it?"

Michael looked up, but something had changed. "Maybe I won't need to..."

"What does that even--"

Michael cut her off by getting up and pulling on a white shirt. "You trust me, right?"

"Why are you asking me that, Michael?"

"Just answer the question, Andi."

"Yes."

"I trust you, too." He grinned, and to her, somehow it felt wrong. 

"What's going on, Michael?" There was now a stronger sense of discomfort in her system. What was he hiding from her?

"I'm going to go get some breakfast, okay?" He leans into the bed to give her a final, lingering kiss. "I'll see you again. I love you."

"I love you, too, Michael. Come right back, okay?"

And all he did was nod, and smile again, the last time before he disappeared.




***
Two hours later, Andi stands by the kitchen counter, a cup of coffee in hand. She rummages through the cabinets for cereal but doesn't find any. For the nth time, she wonders why Michael hasn't come back.

I wish he's not standing in line for a ridiculous cup of coffee at Starbucks again, She thinks, and goes back to all the things he told her this morning. She smiles to herself, but it is quickly replaced by a scowl, marked by worry and anticipation. Michael should have been home by now.

She resolves to go for some TV time. She plops down on the couch, ready to switch to Saturday morning cartoons---an old habit---when a headline running through the ticker catches her attention. 

"Man presumed to be victim of gun shooting found dead along Whitaker Bridge early this morning. Police still undergoing investigations as to identifying civilian, and determining his involvement to shooting."

Andi cannot calm what starts to build in her mind. She entertains the first thought that pops into her brain. The Michael that came home last night. How he couldn't even pick himself up. His blood. His terror.


She stops, scared. 


Impossible. How? He was here. It can't be--

There is a knock on her door, and at first she is overjoyed. Michael. It's Michael. But the unfamiliar voice calling, "Ms. Harrison? Ms. Harrison, it's the police. Please open up..." sends her back to panic---and then worse, to shock.

Then, the TV sounds off about "breaking news", and things go hazy. She hears the phrase "have identified" and shuts it off, trembling, curled up, burying her head into her knees.

For minutes, she stays there, just wishing everything would go away---disprove her fears. 

No.

No.

No.


"I'll see you again." His voice is clear in her thoughts, even though he isn't anywhere around her. Slightly calmer, she starts to untangle herself from her position, the tears uncontrollably spilling from the eyes he kissed just earlier today.

"Please be telling the truth," She whispers into the air, but no one is there to respond, or even hear.








17 comments:

Yssa! said...

Oh my god ate meg. You should really do this for a living! You need to be honed and trained,the potential is there screaming at me. You have to push this. You have to write more. Please go to writing school. You are so awesome! Oh my god. :)

Hmeg said...

Yssa, I have no words except a very common THANK YOU. :')))
I love you!

Hmeg said...

Oh yeah, and I am tearing up! Hahaha! Seriously, thank you!

Yssa! said...

No seriously, this is awesome! My pea brain head will never come up with something as awesome as this. You really to have to pursue this. You have what it takes. :))) I believe in you! :)

Hmeg said...

:">
That seriously makes me want to explode with happiness. Hahaha!

:"> Just. Thank you!

Zing! said...

you are simply awesome meg! tama tlga sayo ang gumawa ng novel!:)

Hmeg said...

:")))))))))
GLENNN. THANK YOU!

Zaldy said...

A good one here. Nakakainggit! Now the details. This is my longest comment on a prose piece. haha


1.) I really don't know if "bags" and "brim" go well together.

2.) I really like the way you portrayed the feminine here. Babaeng babae ka Meg. Yung denial, indecisiveness, all because of her sincerity to her feelings; never really caring about the past if the present outweighs it 'Stig. The beauty of gender polarity.

3.) Gash of blood? This is a bit off. And "cold" is always better suited for concrete.

4.) "Look at me. It's okay. Michael. Come on." - I think this must be rearranged. Basahin mo sa sarili mo intently.

Another point: this deviates from the archetype that if something unknown happens, a person REFLEXIVELY inquires. Its suspension because of some deep feeling could come later.

5.) Locked on to life? Maybe you can show here that he wasn't only clinging to life, but holding on to it or something like that. I dunno.

6.) The opening of Dawn's 4th paragraph is a bit of an eyesore. And the next one too. Grabbing his neck?

Punctuation on the being-asked-if-leaving-but-didn't-sound-like-it part

7.) "She was panting in between his kisses, anticipating. They were both in a rush to undress, to consummate a reignited passion that probably didn't end in the first place" Yung 1st sentence medyo off din, I can't imagine panting while kissing WHILE STILL anticipating. Diba wala na syang control dito, how come my anticipation? The next sentence is parang medyo yata naging technical yung terms.

8.) Meron akong err... reservations sa confession (and no, hindi sya decleration, di ba?) ni Michael sa Morning. It's a bit... political? haha

9.) May inconsistency sa Morning at Night. In the latter, you said it was a "gash," but then again you said it was a bloody cut in the former. Ano ba talaga?

And grinning would give away the something's-wrong content too easily, I think smiling wouldn't.

10.) ridiculous = starbucks. Apir!

Ok na ok naman yung story mo. I like it nga sabi ko sa yo di ba? Gusto ko yung overall na takbo ng plot, you were not showing mere typicality of the male and female intimacy, but the archetype. Creatively. Tsaka ang ganda nung twist especially when you introduced it at that line "I still don't want to hurt you." Napa-padyak ako dun, promise. :)

The last paragraph to me though, can't get it.

Try to re-examine what you wrote, and see if there are any unnecessary gaps in it, those that aren't to be appreciated as "its up to the reader / to spice things up."

Now I know why you're doubting to submit this to Pantas. I think this is somewhat a gamble in your part, trying something new and out of your comfort zone. But I still think you should be submitting this one. However, its your endeavor, your happiness, your call. :)

Lebenswelt said...

And one more thing, people can weirdly relate to the sentiments here. Which means I have a feeling na may pagkukuwentuhan na naman tayo sa Boston Cafe. ;p

Hmeg said...

GAHHH THANK YOU! Anhaba, nasulat mo yan in a few minutes lang?
Pero anyways, thank you thank you. Kapag sinipag ako mag-revise, I shall take everything into consideration. :>

Lebenswelt said...

And one more thing, people can weirdly relate to the sentiments here. Which means I have a feeling na may pagkukuwentuhan na naman tayo sa Boston Cafe. ;p

Lebenswelt said...

Sure, sure. Hyped up siguro kaya nakasulat agad. haha

Pag nakasali ka jan, baka sumunod ako. hehe

Anonymous said...

What useful topic

[url=http://www.graj24.pl/darmowe-gry_smieszne.html]gry smieszne[/url]
| [url=http://www.graj24.pl/darmowe-gry_platformowe.html]gry platformowe[/url]

Anonymous said...

I've always liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to kind of rightful fritter away time staring at it as a configuration of catharsis. In a route, it helps me with meditation, to relieve emphasis and decent deem just about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, in preference to of dolls and cars I've perpetually collected more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, musical boxes etc. So I was most pleased when I establish the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Shine Manifest Laser Outstrip Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com answerable to the Toys section. It's like a musical thump, a spinning top, and a moonlight show all rolled into one. Which is spectacular relaxation! The gyroscope will whirl for in the air a minute. The laser enlightenment manifest with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a very unique toy that my friends have also been most amused with.

My dogs are also nice-looking curious nearly the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They always occupy oneself with the gyroscope as it spins, although at first place they kept barking at the laser slight advertise, and also because it produces music. But after they got worn it, they've stopped barking but just keep following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also unbelievably amused by it. Off it's moral to possess pleasing toys about the house so that you can leave the diminutive on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you go prepare viands or sock changed. The gyroscope is a particular such play with with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a map on it, and produces a light indicate with red, blue, and common colours. Steal a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser incandescence show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that expert but decorous plenty to entertain any chic customer to the house. The gyroscope is red and negro, making it look extraordinarily cool, and slightly virile with that dragon imprint.

The music dismount attack plain gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also euphemistic pre-owned this gyroscope to surprise my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy terror of decorating the hostelry room with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as affectionately so that the laser insight clarify produces a fresh effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the moonlight effects created a degree romantic atmosphere. She loved it, at near the custom, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my default shopping placement in return all gifts and ideas in compensation romanticist occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser lamp show gyroscope can possibly be a superb Christmas gift for the toddler or neutral the pet! Alternatively, the gyroscope can simply be a nice reckoning to the traditional Christmas decorations. I can imagine placing it within a mile of the Christmas tree and perhaps spinning it when guests hit town in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my business still again!

Anonymous said...

A shared web hosting maintenance or essential hosting repair or derive publican refers to a net hosting waiting where myriad websites reside on harmonious trap server connected to the Internet. Each situate "sits" on its own partition, or section/place on the server, to keep it sort from other sites. This is customarily the most economical choice on account of hosting, as numerous people share the complete set someone back of server maintenance.
[url=http://hostinghouse.pl]hosting[/url]

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.uggsoutletshopus.com/]www.uggsoutletshopus.com[/url][/b] What ever our profession may possibly be, innovative contemplating is a thing that could make us a lot more effective, make our perform less complicated and much more fascinating. Right here are a number of strategies which will enable us imagine creatively. The word 'Problems' employed pretty often down below refer to troubles we facial area in daily lives, troubles that staff members, students or scientists come across or everything which demands an answer..

[b][url=http://www.bestbagsonlinestore.com/]www.bestbagsonlinestore.com[/url][/b] Well-known and well-liked designs households come about for being victorious in catering the trend demands of knowledgeable females. Louis Vuitton is one of famous logo and louis purses are literally adorning and stylizing the lives of women living world wide. They are really bound to be appropriate and appropriate for each kind of situations..

[b][url=http://www.outletonlinestore.co.uk/]www.outletonlinestore.co.uk[/url][/b] Louis Vuitton bags final for a long time. To be a tag, Louis Vuitton may be around for many years and that is because the manufacturer has not unsuccessful its shoppers. Is not that really worth something? You might be wanting to know, let's say it goes out of fashion? Well, they're built to get sophisticated and chic and stand the test of modifying fashion.
The net health-related furnish outlets also supply assured service about the merchandise acquired from them. Just in case you get a solution inside of a broken issue from the healthcare supply retail outlet you then should notify them over it inside of 3 business times. They will change the ruined solution and pay the delivery fees too.

[b][url=http://www.bestbagsonlinestore.com/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Louisette advanced consists of individualizing large, small, You Me ring, tasteful handgrip pendants, fair bracelet all over again studs. employing the meat of flower petals fame 750 thousandths (18kt) apart from trinkets of rubicund sapphires, rubies once more diamonds, Louisette improved generates fitter nobleness additionally shapeliness. Refreshingly delicate, these rings squeeze the contours within the spot hold the flattering just as before immediate drawing near.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmall.com/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Low-priced Louis Vuitton and can be the very eye-catching. It provides functions these types of for a multi functionality G sensor, an MP3 player, twin SIM cards,an all in one recently camera, Java,a come into connection with windows Bluetooth,or Wi Fi among the other people. The very fact this as easy as pie telephone is that this : availability as element within your nearly all of them are about globe significant languages helps make component ach and each popular all of them tend to be more as opposed to element on the planet This simply click of a button phone will be the fact available in languages which include Greek, Chinese, Arabic, German, Italian, French, English,and several various some others.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.squidoo.com/saclongchampa]longchamp soldes[/url] It was just a simple swing of the bat that did it. The pain I felt in my Hot Sale Women Mulberry Somerset Soft Leather Tote Bag Black,All In Good Quality And Fashion Style. left knee was excruciating, my knee had 'locked' and I was hopping around screaming out in agony as if I was demonstrating some primitive tribal voodoo dance. The kids didn't know what to believe at first, but they soon caught on that it was serious..
[url=http://saclongchampas.livejournal.com/]sac longchamps[/url] Volunteers of the History of Colorado, the Colorado Historical Society, and Mission Wear have teamed up to create Banner Bags. Instead of trashing banners that were used for past exhibitions and events, only to inevitably end up in a landfill, the banners are transformed Fashionable Style Mulberry Women's Alexa Leather Hobo Purple Bag, buy top quality Mulberry Bags in UK london online with Free Shipping. into bags. Salvaged from local organizations such as Denver Performing Arts Complex, Opera Colorado, and Kroenke Sports, these durable and waterproof bags are not only green, but they are totally hip and stylish..
[url=http://longchampmoinse.bloguez.com/]sac longchamp[/url] The best place to shop for those valuable coupons is on EBay. You must pay close attention to the details when buying those coupons because some of them may only be used at specific locations. You should verify if the coupon is used at Coach website, Coach full price store, or Coach Factory Outlet.. The length and width are 8.3 inch and 3.9 inch. And the inner structure Attractive Mulberry Outlet Standard Alexa Leather Satchel Brown Bag online Discount Mulberry Bags Online High Quality of it not only can contain your money, but also your cards. The interlayer of it tightly holds your bank card, VIP card, etc.. One thing you need to know is that moisture and water are the number one enemy against your leather tote bags. Nothing will cause your leather pure to fall apart faster than not protecting it from getting wet. What happens is that when your leather tote bags get wet they absorb water.