Hello.

It is all about being written, but may you find something to interest you, anyway.
Peace and cookies be with you, earthling.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

'Tis the season

For sweet, sweet examinations, oh-so-wonderful assignments, and prime procrastination.

Sometimes I think about this: although procrastination can be my worst enemy, it is, in a way, my truest friend--letting me escape the annoying reality that is my academic life. It has yet to fail me (except in the aftermath of my actions, of course...when, usually, I am figuratively smashing a melon into my forehead for having the wrong priorities).


So, this is what typically happens when I have looming academic obligations (i.e., sabaw-inducing examinations). Let's take today's case.

I plan to wake up at around seven or so, to start reviewing. I wake up at ten-thirty (the getting-up is a different story altogether).
I resolve to rush my chores. That I was able to do.
I resolve to study after I've had lunch. Easy--if I didn't deliberately search for distractions. Today, I did unnecessary grooming. Yes, grooming.

Has this ever happened to you? I bet it has, if you're anything like me (and for your sake, I hope not).

I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like I get some kind of zombie syndrome at the slightest mention of periodic exams or projects. Did I use to be like this in high school? I was, probably. Maybe I had jus been the littlest bit more driven. It's ironic. Today I am driven mad by something that used to drive me toward achievement (college, specifically, UP). Oh, time, how you warp things.

Eh, well. This week was kind of irregular.

For one, we had a bleeping physical fitness test in PE1 (Boo.), which made me ache the next day. Screw those "modified" push-ups. They still hurt.

Next, there were several classes which were cancelled. Including SOC 10, and believe me, that is a miracle right there. We always have SOC10.

We had Black Shirt day against the Large Class Memorandum (which I pray doesn't push through), and it's too bad the rally was held at six PM that wednesday.

Chin P., Sui S. and I were at a local coffee shop by then. Celebrating the creation of our ingenious new "show".



Oh, and also, an old friend came to UP to apply for grad school. Zaldy V. even joined in on our little semi-bloc-lunch to harrass my friends. Haha, just kidding. Oh, and yeah, for the first time ever, I felt what it was like to have to walk to faraway buildings in-between classes. Thigh burn. Yowtch.

So yes, that and an impromptu trip to San Pablo was my week in a nutshell. And now, I have nothing to say except good night!

Tomorrow, math and I will duel.

6 comments:

Aldrin said...

Good luck. It,s really hard to begin and once you've started, it's even harder to continue. (LOLS)

Hmeg said...

Oh yes, I missed this. Haha--seing '1 comments' on my posts :)

Thank you, A! I hope I pass everything I need to pass even through this sloth. :)

You, too. Good luck!

Aldrin said...

You know you can do it. :)
And we all know it too.

I hope I go through 9th grade with at least an average of 90.

Hmeg said...

How's your standing by the way? Ang laki ng hatak ng Grade 9 average, so I hope you're doing well. Kayang-kaya mo rin yan, Aldrin. :)

Aldrin said...

This 3rd quarter, my average is 89.85. most of my grades are 88 and 88, then four are 90 and above. Is that still good?
Kaya natin to! :)

Hmeg said...

Are you on The List? Haha, sosyal, The List. :) If not, strive for that this quarter and don't lose hope. :)

Hopefully kaya natin! I'm struggling to keep my head above water. Err. Math is death!